Membership Dues Options
Dear Houstonian Club Member:
The culture created on The Houstonian Campus with our members and employees is something special. Please know we are thinking of each of you, hoping you are staying well and taking care of yourselves both physically and mentally. We are now formally subject to governmental guidance requiring us to curtail business through April 30. We will assess the opportunity to reopen the Club and our other businesses once this guidance is lifted.
Our Houstonian employees are the heart and soul of our organization and every decision we are making is with their best interest in mind.
We are currently paying our employees while they are being asked to stay home. Next week we will reduce the salary of our salaried managers, including me and our general managers.
Our company remains in solid financial condition with commitment from our ownership to assure the maintenance of the livelihood of our staff. With that said, it is unprecedented for our company to see such a severe interruption in our revenue. Our first priority is, and will be, the financial security of our employees.
Our ownership and employees will be sharing in this financial burden, and we need the support of our loyal Members.
Membership Dues Options
Due to the extraordinary circumstances, for this time only, you will have multiple choices with respect to your monthly membership dues. Once an option is selected, it cannot be changed or modified.
- Option A - You may continue to pay your full membership dues. To show our appreciation, Members exercising this option will receive a gift card with credit equal to one month’s dues when the Club reopens and the gratitude of our employees.
- Option B - You may pay 50% of your monthly dues for up to six months or until the Club reopens whichever comes first.
- Option C - You may place your membership on a temporary special inactive status for up to six months. You will pay no dues during the time of inactivity. In order to reactivate the membership, a reactivation fee of the lesser of $2,000 or the amount of the waived (non-discounted) dues will be required. If you have a locker and you choose to retain your locker, you will continue to be billed for your locker. If you wish to inactivate your membership based on a financial hardship please submit a confidential request in writing to the Membership Committee. This request can be emailed to email@example.com.
Members who have prepaid dues for this year may elect either of the first two options.
Please fill out the online form located at https://www.myhoustonian.com/Membership/membership-dues-options.aspx to exercise one of the plan options above or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If we do not hear from you by April 17, 2020, the first plan will be selected.
We’ve given the membership until April 17 to respond to the three dues options. Once we’ve received all of the responses we will process each membership credit based on the membership option chosen and you will see the April credit reflected on your May statement. Should the closure continue through May you will also see a credit for May on your May statement as well.
Our team is working diligently to develop creative new ways to serve you. Members exercising the first two options may continue to enjoy the various membership benefits listed below while Members electing to become inactive will not receive these benefits.
- TRIBUTE breakfast, lunch and dinner menu items are available for takeout at a 50% member discount
- Personalized virtual training utilizing FaceTime, Skype or other video mediums
- Nutritional consultations by phone or video chat
- Wheels Up private aviation benefit
The Houstonian is a special place with special people. We are committed to your health, safety and well-being.We are equally committed to our employees. Thank you for your membership and for standing with us during this difficult time.
John P. Durie
Houstonian Campus, LLC
President and CEO