RecoveryRecovery should be a vital aspect of everyone's health and fitness goals. Let us help return your body to a normal state of health or strength.
The Houstonian Club has its very own sports recovery specialist. Carey Wallace has been a Licensed Massage Therapist since 1998 and has served members the Club for over 15 years. Carey’s earlier work and accomplishments include:
- Developed individualized therapy plans for elite US National and Olympic Divers
- Created treatment plans to balance the body’s temperature, pressures, and blood flow
- Managed athletes’ body’s muscular system to allow quicker recovery to perform at his/her highest levels thereby minimizing risk of injury
- First massage therapist asked to travel internationally with the US Dive team to assist the athletes in areas of injury prevention and recovery
- US Diving National Training Center (The Woodlands, Texas), World Cup Training Camp (Berlin, Germany), World Cup Diving Meet (Athens, Greece), US Diving Selection Camp (St. Louis, Missouri), US Olympics (Athens, Greece), China Grand Prix Senior Nationals (Ju Hai, China), US Olympic Selection Camp (The University of Tennessee)
As you can see, Carey has a very diverse and reputable background in massage. We are delighted he is a part of our Fitness Team.
For more information or to schedule an appointment please contact Carey at firstname.lastname@example.org
Muscle Activation Technique
to view the Physical Therapist's information.
What is Muscle Activation Technique (M.A.T)?
M.A.T. is a non-invasive treatment that both identifies, and corrects muscular imbalances that can cause chronic pain and injury. These imbalances are addressed by activating neuromuscular malfunctions at the muscular attachments. M.A.T. looks at muscle tightness as a form of protection in the body. Weak or inhibited muscles can create the need for other muscles to tighten up in order to help stabilize the joints. M.A.T. gets to the root of pain or injury by addressing muscle weakness rather than muscle tightness. By addressing a weakness in the muscle M.A.T. restores normal body alignment; thereby decreasing pain and reducing the risk of injury. M.A.T. improves everyday functionality, stability, strength, flexibility and athletic performance. It also corrects injuries and aids in healing after surgery.
M.A.T. Credentials Required
M.A.T. Certified Specialists complete a comprehensive 10 month internship. The 10 months give the M.A.T. specialist education and time to refine extensive neurophysiology, anatomy, muscle testing and palpation skills. With these skills M.A.T. specialists are able to test and treat a wide range of musculoskeletal ailments. In addition, our M.A.T. specialist is a certified personal trainer. After treatment he can advise you on corrective exercises to maintain activation of the treated muscles.
30 Minutes - $90
45 Minutes -$130
1 Hour - $150
Group Ex. Recovery Classes
The Houstonian Club offers a number of complimentary recovery focused classes per week such as, 'Ball Recovery Class' and 'Stretch, Roll, & Restore.' Contact Group Exercise Manager, Steven Elizondo for more details at email@example.com.
HydroMassage Chair (For Resident Members)
There is a HydroMassage Chair located in the Women's and Men's Resident Locker Rooms. The HydroMassage Chair uses waves of heated water to create the benefits of a massage in a relaxing recovery experience. Some benefits include relief for minor aches and pains, reducing overall stress, increased circulation, and relief for muscle soreness, tension, and stiffness.