Mask Update - 5.2.2021
Thank you for your cooperation with following our Club guidelines for wearing facial coverings, which have been in place since June 22, 2020.
Our Global Plasma Solutions (GPS) system is now fully installed and operating efficiently to provide purified air on our campus. GPS patented needlepoint bipolar ionization technology, also known as NPBI® purifies indoor air by reducing airborne particulates, odors and pathogens such as COVID 19. Contact with positive and negative ions has microbicidal effects on pathogens, which ultimately disrupts their surface proteins and renders them inactive.
As of Monday, May 3, 2021, facial coverings will no longer be required for Members and Guests in the Club, but facial coverings are still recommended in areas where social distancing cannot be practiced.
Houstonian Club employees will continue to wear facial coverings and be diligent about sanitizing surfaces and equipment with BioSafe throughout the facility.
Please be respectful regarding the personal space of your fellow Members and Guests while in the Club and continue to be mindful of cleanliness and social distancing in all areas.
We are excited to update you on the differences you will see occurring around the Club for our renovation!
Sculpt U Physical Therapy Clinic has been temporarily relocated to replace heating, ventilation and air conditioning system (HVAC) above this area. All appointments scheduled during this time will occur in the temporary location. You may access the clinic via the stairwell leading to the lower level, adjacent to the fitness center stairwell, or by taking the elevator directly across from the fitness center stairwell. If you have any questions about Sculpt U Physical Therapy, please call 713.489.8182 or email email@example.com.
The Cycle Studio and Kid's Gym has been temporarily relocated during phase 1 of construction (approximately 10 months in length) on half of the basketball court. The other half of the basketball court (closer to the Associate Locker Rooms) is open for free play and basketball classes.
The individual workout pods that were located on half of the basketball court have been relocated to an area off of the Studio A hallway and also to the Chaise Lounge Deck adjacent to the Sports Pool. These pods are available for Member use, Personal Trainer use and for group exercise classes.
Click here for FAQ’s regarding Phase 1
The Club Renovation Showroom is open, located to the left of the Club Rotunda after scanning in, for you and your guests to view images and finishes of our amazing Club renovation.
- All cycle classes are held in the temporary Cycle Studio. This temporary studio is located on the half of the basketball court closer to the Club Boardroom. Please note all cycle classes will take place in the temporary studio until the new Cycle Studio is completed during Phase 2.
- The temporary Kid’s Gym on the basketball court (closer to the Welcome Desk) is open and will be the location until the new childcare areas are completed during Phase 2.
- Walls have been constructed encompassing the areas being renovated in Phase 1. The walkway through Center Court Café is not passable from one side of the Club to the other. Members will be able to pass through the hallway located in the front of the building adjacent to Studios B and C or through the Tennis Plaza at the back of the building.
- In lieu of the indoor Rock Wall being closed, the outdoor Bouldering Wall is available for reservations Monday – Thursday, 3 p.m. to 6 p.m. and Saturdays and Sundays, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. by calling 713.685.6753. The Bouldering Wall is located on the field adjacent to Tennis Court 9 and is accessible via our outdoor trail.
- The Racquet Sports Shop has moved to its permanent location adjacent to the Pilates Studio The Racquet Pros offices will also be moving inside the Tennis Center.
- Refuel in the Rotunda is our new grab & go option in the Club for sandwiches, salads, snacks and smoothies. Refuel is open Monday - Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 9 p.m. and Saturdays and Sundays, 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. To see the Refuel menu, please click here.
If you have any questions please call: