As all of you know we have seen a surge of Covid-19 cases in our community, primarily driven by the Delta variant which is more contagious. In addition, we are seeing more breakthrough cases in fully vaccinated persons, most cases being very mild. The good news is that current vaccines are still over 90% effective in preventing severe disease. However, recent studies show that vaccinated persons with breakthrough disease can have high viral counts in their nose and may be able to transmit to other people.
Delta Variant Update
Therefore, in consultation with Dr. Ed Septimus, our public health/Infectious Disease consultant, and in accordance with guidance from the CDC, and given increasing rates in Houston and the Delta variant, we are revising current guidance:
1. If unvaccinated it is strongly recommended that you get vaccinated.
2. Whether unvaccinated or vaccinated, it is strongly recommended you wear a mask indoors.
We are excited to update you on the differences you will see occurring around the Club for our renovation!
Sculpt U Physical Therapy Clinic has been temporarily relocated to replace heating, ventilation and air conditioning system (HVAC) above this area. All appointments scheduled during this time will occur in the temporary location. You may access the clinic via the stairwell leading to the lower level, adjacent to the fitness center stairwell, or by taking the elevator directly across from the fitness center stairwell. If you have any questions about Sculpt U Physical Therapy, please call 713.489.8182 or email email@example.com.
The Cycle Studio and Kid's Gym has been temporarily relocated during phase 1 of construction (approximately 10 months in length) on half of the basketball court. The other half of the basketball court (closer to the Associate Locker Rooms) is open for free play and basketball classes.
Click here for FAQ’s regarding Phase 1
The Club Renovation Showroom is open, located to the left of the Club Rotunda after scanning in, for you and your guests to view images and finishes of our amazing Club renovation.
- All cycle classes are held in the temporary Cycle Studio. This temporary studio is located on the half of the basketball court closer to the Club Boardroom. Please note all cycle classes will take place in the temporary studio until the new Cycle Studio is completed during Phase 2.
- The temporary Kid’s Gym on the basketball court (closer to the Welcome Desk) is open and will be the current location until the new childcare areas are completed during Phase 2.
- Walls have been constructed encompassing the areas being renovated in Phase 1. The walkway through Center Court Café is not passable from one side of the Club to the other. Members will be able to pass through the hallway located in the front of the building adjacent to Studios B and C or through the Tennis Plaza at the back of the building.
- In lieu of the indoor Rock Wall being closed, the outdoor Bouldering Wall is available for reservations Monday – Thursday, 3 p.m. to 6 p.m. and Saturdays and Sundays, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. by calling 713.685.6753. The Bouldering Wall is located on the field adjacent to Tennis Court 9 and is accessible via our outdoor trail.
- The Racquet Sports Shop has moved to its permanent location adjacent to the Pilates Studio The Racquet Pros offices have moved inside of the Tennis Center.
- Refuel in the Rotunda is our new grab & go option in the Club for sandwiches, salads, snacks and smoothies. Refuel is open Monday - Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 9 p.m. and Saturdays and Sundays, 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. To see the Refuel menu, please click here.
If you have any questions please call: