The Houstonian Club renovation is being conducted in three, separate phases to allow The Club to remain operational while not removing any services our Members currently enjoy.
What is happening during Phase 1?
Phase 1 will consist of constructing two new, multipurpose group exercise studios, cycle studio, yoga studio, Pilates reformer studio and new basketball court. The Resident Fitness Center will also begin being relocated however the current Resident Fitness Center will not be affected. Current group exercise and yoga classes (other than cycle) will not be moved or affected during this phase. Use of the basketball court will continue on half-court during this time.
What areas will be under construction during Phase 1?
- Center Court Cafe' is closed. This area will be under construction and Members can access each side of the club building through the hallway in front of the building or through the tennis plaza. A new hallway will be constructed parallel to the existing basketball court ASAP. Our new grab & go counter, Refuel in the Rotunda is open. Please click here to see the Refuel menu and hours
- Studio 360 is closed and moved into the Tred & Shred studio next to Studio A. Boxing will be available near the Tred & Shred studio temporarily.
- A temporary Cycle Studio and Kid's Gym has been built on half of the existing basketball court (the other half of the basketball court will remain open as-is for open play and lessons). The temporary locations are the current locations for all cycle classes and Kid's Gym use. The new Cycle Studio and Kid's Gym will be built and opened in Phase 2.
- The Rock Wall is closed but the new, outdoor Bouldering Wall is available. A new climbing structure will be constructed in the new Kid's Gym and be available when it reopens during Phase 2.
- The workout pods on the west end side of the basketball court have been moved 3 doors down from Studio A in preparation for Phase 1 of the renovation. These workout pods will be accessible for Member use, Personal Trainer use and group classes. The outdoor pods on Tennis Plaza are also available.
- The Racquet Sports Office and Shop has moved to its permanent location adjacent to the Pilates Studio. The Racquet Pros Office have also been moved inside the Tennis Center.
What new areas will be available after Phase 1 will be finished?
We are very excited to share that both new, multipurpose group exercise studios, new Pilates reformer studio and a new yoga studio will be unveiled at the end of Phase 1. We also will have a new indoor basketball court with stadium seating relocated to the lower basement level. The renovated Resident Fitness Center will open during Phase 1,
What food options will be available after Center Court Cafe' closes?
A Grab and Go kiosk, called Refuel in the Rotunda, is constructed in the middle of the Rotunda adjacent to the Welcome Desk. Refuel will provide on-the-go meals, snacks, smoothies and other items Members can enjoy on the go or seated in the Rotunda, Lobby or pool side. TRIBUTE is also open for breakfast, lunch and dinner service for dine-in or to-go. Arbor Grill is open on weekends following Spring Break until their daily operating hours resume for the summer. To see hours of operation and menus, please click here