Holiday Advice from Dr. Ed
Good afternoon Houstonian Club Members,
We hope this email finds you well, and it is wonderful to see so many of you coming back to the Club to enjoy our services and amenities that help support your overall health and wellbeing. Here are some updates as we move into the coming weeks.
We are now allowing Members to bring guests into the Club. A Member may bring the same guest two times per month, not to exceed 12 times per year. The exception to this policy is grandchildren, who may come to the Club as a guest 2 times per month, 24 times per year. Resident Members do not pay guest fees. However, Associate Members pay the applicable guest fees which are the following:
•Associate Adult Guest, $25.
•Associate Youth Guest ages 6-15, $15.
•Associate Youth Guest ages 5 and under, no charge.
Applicable child care fees do apply.
Members may request guest passes for family or friends visiting from out of town. This guest pass is complimentary and may be issued for up to two weeks. Please contact the Membership Office at 713.316.2729
to request an out of town guest pass.
We do understand some of your adult children who are 25 and older, have moved home temporarily due to the pandemic and closure of various states. Feel free to put any requests of this nature in writing to Colleen Kennedy at firstname.lastname@example.org
With the beautiful fall weather in full swing, we will be adding four outdoor workout pods on the turfed surface located on the tennis plaza this Wednesday, Oct. 28. Each pod will contain a bench, Bosu, & physio ball. There will also be a cart full of equipment (versa loops, versa tubes, foam rollers, jump ropes, ugi balls and dumbbells) to use in each pod.
Each pod will be socially distanced for your safety and will contain BioSafe water to sanitize after use. The outdoor workout pods will be available Monday – Friday, 6 to 11 a.m. and 1 to 7 p.m. and Saturday and Sunday, 7 to 11 a.m. and 1 to 7 p.m.
Pool reservations at the Resort Pool and Garden Pool are no longer necessary Monday – Thursday with the exception of holiday weeks. Sports Pool reservations are still required. If you don’t have a reservation but would like to swim laps check with our staff at the aquatic entrance to see if there is a lane open. Our reservation system can be accessed on your phone for your convenience via the MyHoustonian app or Member website here
We are now offering over 165 group exercise classes per week ranging from formats such as yoga, cycle, strength, cardio to barre, Pilates, youth, aquatics, dance, etc. We will continue to add classes and make schedule adjustments each month based on the formats that are in demand.
We plan to add additional outdoor classes now that the weather is cooler. These will typically be POP-UP classes so we can plan around inclement weather. Book your class on MindBody and arrive 10 minutes prior to class start time. You may walk-in to as many additional classes as you like if there is space available.
Parents no longer need to make a reservation for the Kids Gym Monday-Thursdays. The only reservations that need to be made are for Saturdays and Sundays 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Birthday parties are available (guest count is limited according to the state guidelines). Contact Izel Bermudez at email@example.com
for more information.
Our Workout & Recovery Pop-Up Shop is next Wednesday, Oct. 28 from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. in the Club Rotunda. Join our Houstonian Club fitness and recovery experts to learn about the latest technology and programs available. Save 15% off all workout equipment.
Center Court Café is open Monday – Friday, 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. for full service and Saturday – Sunday , 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Our Gentlemen’s Row Barber Shop services are now available to all Members, male and female. To see the list of services available please click here
. Call Ray at 713.316.2772
to schedule an appointment.
to check out our Fall Solaya Spa Specials!
Thank you for your support of our culinary team during these uncertain times. Please gather your friends and make plans to enjoy our authentic "Tex-Lex” cuisine from Texas, Louisiana and Mexico, great cocktails and wine by calling 713-685-6713. Just a reminder, Members receive 30% off food at TRIBUTE for dining in or to-go.
We also encourage you to book your holiday parties in advance. As you know our property is beautifully decorated and is the perfect setting for your celebration. For personal social business, parties and events, Resident Members receive a 15% discount and Associate Members receive a 10% discount on food at the hotel. Contact us at Celebrations@Houstonian.com
for more information.
The first Sunsets, Supper & Sounds event at Arbor Grill yesterday was sold out! To reserve your spot in this fall dinner series email Celebrations@Houstonian.com
All of our wonderful employees at the Club are here for you, and we are passionately committed to serving you and your families.
In Good Health,
- Are all of the amenities the club offers (group exercise classes/swimming/basketball court/childcare/Pilates studio/etc.) available for use?
- We are proud that all of our amenities are open for use. We are abiding by social distancing guidelines (per the CDC) and capacities set by Governor Abbott. We have added new protocols (reservation systems/distancing/etc.) to make these spaces available for use. We have added new amenities such as outdoor workout pods/classes and indoor workout pods in the basketball court. These pods are 6 feet apart and have their own equipment so you have more spaces to exercise, indoors or outdoors.
- Are the locker rooms open?
- Yes! The showers are available and we have added a clean/used indicator to alert our staff to sanitize showers in between use. Facial coverings must be worn while walking throughout the locker rooms. Saunas and steams rooms are also open with appropriate capacities in place. Items such as Q-tips and cotton balls are available upon request. The locker rooms are sprayed with BioSafe water every hour.
- Are facial coverings required?
- Yes, facial coverings are required per the county and state order. Facial coverings may be removed AFTER arriving to your spot in a group exercise class or when you are on a piece of cardiovascular equipment. At any point if you are leaving your designated space in a class (grabbing a wipe, leaving class) you must put your facial covering back on. If you are working out vigorously in the Fitness Center, facial coverings may be removed for a moment to catch your breath (while social distancing) and then promptly returned to covering your mouth and nose. If you do not have a facial covering, they are available for purchase in The Shop at The Houstonian or at the Welcome Desk.
- What sanitization procedures have been added to The Houstonian Club?
- BioSafe water is used daily in spray form and fogging machinery, throughout the facility. We installed a hospital-grade ventilation system and altered our existing system to increase circulation of fresh air from the outside. There are increased hand sanitizer stations as well as wipe dispensers. We have increased our sanitizing schedule throughout every area in the Club including between every group exercise class. For more information per department, please click here.
- What happens if someone is not following facial covering or social distancing guidelines?
- We ask that you please report any concerns to our staff rather than confronting other Members. Our security and management team will address any issues. Anyone who does not follow proper facial covering or social distancing guidelines will be asked to leave for the safety of our Employees, Members and Guests.
- How is the Club enforcing social distancing?
- All group exercise classes are structured to keep Members six feet apart. Every other machine is closed off in the Fitness Center. Equipment and furniture have been rearranged throughout all areas of the Club to promote social distancing. Floor markers have been added in appropriate areas. Plexiglas has been installed as an added barrier of protection in various areas of the Club.
- How can I plan for a safe visit?
- Please enter wearing a facial covering and wear it throughout your time at the Club.
- All Members, Employees, Guests and Vendors are required to have their temperature checked and answer a COVID-19 questionnaire before entering. If you have any symptoms or have been in contact with anyone who has tested positive, you will not be allowed to enter the Club.
- Group exercise classes require reservations (up to 6 days in advance) through the MindBody app.
- The Bungalow and Kid’s Gym ( Kid's Gym reservations required on Saturday and Sunday only) are available through our new Youth reservation system.
- Swim lanes require a reservation through our new Aquatics reservation system, the Garden Pool and Resort Pool only require reservations Friday – Sunday and during holiday weeks.
- There are ample wipes and BioSafe water stations for you to wipe down equipment before/after use in the Fitness Center. Please utilize the clean/used indicators so our staff knows which pieces of equipment need attention.
- What if I am not ready to return to the Club
- Our management team is more than happy to give you a tour of our new protocols in action at the Club. On our 27-acre campus we have ample outdoor options including racquet sports, swimming, outdoor track, outdoor workout pods and a growing outdoor group exercise schedule. We also are continuing our virtual group exercise classes. Virtual personal training, Pilates and yoga private sessions are available via Zoom, FaceTime, Skype or Google Meet.